CONTROLLER

السلام عليكم و رحمة الله و بركاته
أهلا و سهلا بك معنا في موقع CONTROLLER نتمنى لك زيارة موفقة

انضم إلى المنتدى ، فالأمر سريع وسهل

CONTROLLER

السلام عليكم و رحمة الله و بركاته
أهلا و سهلا بك معنا في موقع CONTROLLER نتمنى لك زيارة موفقة

CONTROLLER

هل تريد التفاعل مع هذه المساهمة؟ كل ما عليك هو إنشاء حساب جديد ببضع خطوات أو تسجيل الدخول للمتابعة.
CONTROLLER

اهلا بكم في منتدى CONTROLLER المنتدى الأشمل و الأفضل على الاطلاق / المدير العام : محمد شفيق بني مفرج

A book project on Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte

المدير العام
    المدير العام
    المدير العام

عدد الرسائل : 137
    العمر : 45
    الشهرة : 0
    تاريخ التسجيل : 27/02/2008

A book project on Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte Empty A book project on Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte

مُساهمة من طرف المدير العام 5/3/2008, 09:45

A book project on Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte
    By Juan Guerrero
    “Wuthering Heights is not just about love. It is about hatred, delusion, despair. Most of all, it is about vengeance. A spiteful, remorseless and hopeless vengeance exacted for a lost and mourned love. It is indeed a dark, bitter novel which makes you feel angry and woeful. And yet amongst this blind darkness of feelings there's something more than mere despondency: there's faithfulness to a love that is able to survive beyond any parting, even in death”.
    By: Paolo-Reviewer
    “This book was at first confusing but as you get to the middle of the book you start to understand the difference between each Catherine. I must say you must read the first part carefully or else you will be lost by the end of the story. It is worth it until the end. Good Luck! Don't give up!
    By: Jhanna-Reviewer
    “At first I was confused but not discouraged. I continued to read and was horrified by Heathcliff's hatred and lust for revenge but I realized that I was not looking into the depths of his character. Even though it's a tragedy through out the book it's surely redeems it's self in the end with Catherine L. and Hareton.”
    By: Ali-Reviewer
    SUMMARY
    Setting :
    The setting used throughout the novel Wuthering Heights is set in two households separated by the cold, muddy, and barren moors. One goes by the name of Wuthering Heights, and the other by the name of Thrushcross Grange.
    Mood :
    The mood is based on romantic relationships, and awaiting disasters.
    Main Characters [1] :
    Heathcliff -
    An orphan brought to live at Wuthering Heights by Mr. Earnshaw, Heathcliff falls into an intense, unbreakable love with Mr. Earnshaw's daughter Catherine.
    Catherine - The daughter of Mr. Earnshaw and his wife, Catherine falls powerfully in love with Heathcliff, the orphan Mr. Earnshaw brings home from Liverpool.
    Edgar Linton - Well-bred but rather spoiled as a boy, Edgar Linton grows into a tender, constant, but cowardly man.
    Nelly Dean - Nelly Dean (known formally as Ellen Dean) serves as the chief narrator of Wuthering Heights .
    Hareton Earnshaw - The son of Hindley and Frances Earnshaw, Hareton is Catherine's nephew.
    Linton Heathcliff - Heathcliff's son by Isabella.
    Hindley Earnshaw - Catherine's brother, and Mr. Earnshaw's son.
    Isabella Linton - Edgar Linton's sister, who falls in love with Heathcliff and marries him.
    Mr. Earnshaw - Catherine and Hindley's father.
    Mrs. Earnshaw - Catherine and Hindley's mother.
    Joseph - A fanatically religious person, elderly servant at Wuthering Heights.
    Frances Earnshaw - Hindley's wife.
    Mr. Linton - Edgar and Isabella's father and the owner of Thrushcross Grange when Heathcliff and Catherine were children.
    Mrs. Linton - Mr. Linton's wife, who does not like Heathcliff to be allowed near her children.
    Zillah - The housekeeper at Wuthering Heights during the latter stages of the narrative.
    Mr. Green - Edgar Linton's lawyer.
    Main Conflict :
    Man vs. Feelings
    - Heathcliff falls in love with Catherine when he is young but can't be with her due to racial difference in the play.
    - He struggles to be with her at the beginning but finds out that she will get married with another man.
    - Heathcliff later on decides to get revenge on all of those that made his life miserable.
    - His losses were the love of his life, but gained a lot such as properties and the revenge he desired.
    The Climax :
    Catherine's death is the end of the conflict between herself and Heathcliff, showing that there was no solution for the problems that they had while she was alive. After Catherine's death, Heathcliff just leads him to become crueler and commit more acts of revenge towards people leading him to get back on all who caused his sorrow in his heart.
    The conclusion :
    At the Heathcliff began to act more and more strangely, and even though he got his revenge on all who caused his tragedy he became incapable of concentrating on what was really going on around him. Such type of behavior was due to the fact that Catherine's ghost wouldn't let him. He stopped eating and sleeping, and one morning he was found dead, with a smile on his face. He was buried next to his beloved Catherine, just like he had wished. Hareton grieved for him, but was too happy because he now had his love which was the younger Catherine. When the novel ends, they plan to get married and so they move to the Grange and live their love just like each of their parents had done in the past.
    Character analysis :
    Heathcliff is the dark-haired, dark skin boy that Mr. Earnshaw brought home. He falls right away in love with Catherine, and leaves Wuthering Heights when he finds out that she will marry Edgar Linton. When he grows up, he then returns to get revenge on Hindley for his mistreatment of him, and throughout the rest of the novel it shows the acts of revenge that he takes due to all the abuse people gave him when he was small. He then marries Isabella to make mistreat her, then he takes Hindley's property and his son Hareton in order to humiliate him for all the years he had suffered, and of course for taking the women he loves. Heathcliff later on in the play makes Catherine and Edgar's daughter also named Catherine marry his son, and uses both childs to gain the property of Wuthering Heights and Thrushcross Grange to finally get his revenge over everyone. He most definitely makes everyone miserable until the end, until that point he gives up his plan of revenge and dies but his love for Catherine lives on and he wonders as a ghost.
    Favorite quotes :
    1) “My love for Linton is like the foliage in the woods; time will change it, I'm well aware, as winter changes the trees. My love for Heathcliff resembles the eternal rocks beneath--a source of little visible delight, but necessary. Nelly, I am Heathcliff! He's always, always in my mind--not as a pleasure, any more than I am always a pleasure to myself, but as my own being”.
    -Here we can see the love that Catherine has felt for Heathcliff ever since the beginning.
    2) “You teach me how cruel you've been - cruel and false. Why do you despise me? Why did you betray your own heart, Cathy? I have not one word of comfort. You deserve this. You have killed yourself. Yes, you may kiss me, and cry, and wring out my kisses and tears; they'll blight you - they'll damn you. You loved me--then what right had you to leave me? What right--answer me--for the poor fancy you felt for Linton? Because misery, and degradation and death, and nothing that God or Satan could inflict would have parted us, you, of your own will, did it. I have not broken your heart--you have broken it; and in breaking it, you have broken mine”.
    -Here we can see how Catherine is dying and she blames Heathcliff for it, but he tells her she is the one that left him and that if there is anyone to blame it is her.
    3) “I recovered from my first desire to be killed by him—I'd rather he'd kill himself! He has extinguished my love effectually, and so I'm at my ease”.
    -Isabella has escaped from Heathcliff and from the immense love she felt for him. After that she leaves to another part of England for ever.
    4) “...Catherine Earnshaw, may you not rest as long as I am living! You said I killed you--haunt me, then! The murdered do haunt their murderers. I believe--I know that ghosts have wandered on earth. Be with me always--take any form--drive me mad! only do not leave me in this abyss, where I cannot find you! Oh God! it is unutterable! I cannot live without my life! I cannot live without my soul!”.
    -Here Heathcliff begs Catherine not to leave him, and this later on in the play makes both live there love forever after Heathcliff dies also.
    5) “My old enemies have not beaten me; now would be the precise time to revenge myself on their representatives—I could do it, and none could hinder me. But where is the use? I don't care for striking, I can't take the trouble to raise my hand”.
    -Here Heathcliff decides to stop his revenge now that he can't no longer do so, and for this reason he dies and is able to see his beloved Catherine again.
    Theme analysis :
    The major theme of the novel is love which in this case is the one that Catherine felt for Heathcliff. Their love is really shown only after death when their souls unite and wonder in the moors.

Letter to the author :
    Dear Mrs. Emily Bronte:
    I enjoyed very much the novel Wuthering Heights ; it was very entertaining from the start to the end. You set a very romantic mood to it and at the same time it showed us the barriers of love itself and how even through death people can care for each other no matter what. It was interesting how u set the novel in different times, and how later on everything connects through the events that happen throughout the play.
    At first it was confusing I had to go back and forth in order to understand the events since it wasn't in chronological order, but truly amazing the way you wrote it because that way the reader would think more and be able to understand better the play.
    Some things that kept me wondering though Mrs. Bronte, is the fact of how there many strange events going mostly at the end of the play. For example on how after Catherine had died she was still sensed by people especially by Heathcliff, was this really true in the play or it was just something that the characters would of thought due to the memory of Catherine?
    Both way I respect your work Mrs. Bronte, and I would most likely recommend this book to other readers due its great impact that it has had on me and of how amazing the main idea that the play has.
    Sincerely,
    Juan Guerrero

Creative writing :
    Life without your love
    “By: Juan Guerrero”
    My life without your love is like not having the air to breathe, like not having that warm hug from someone you love so much. Maybe because of the fact that I am without you is why I miss you so much. It is a painful to know that you are not here with me, and yet even though you are far away I can't wait to be with you again. No one knows what I've suffered and what I had to go through to lose you now, up until this point.
    It only took one look from you to get my attention, like we knew each other for a long time. No one else like you gave me peace in my heart, and that's why I knew you were very special to me. There's no one else like you, for God made you unique in his own way. No one else like you knows how I feel, no one else could describe the way I am but you, who made me gain the strength to live day by day.
    My life without your love is like a mystery yet to be solved, like not knowing what to say when you're next to that person you like so much. Words are not enough to explain how much you have done for me. You are the light at the end of my tunnel which helped me get out the darkness I was trapped in.
    Even when the world feels like its falling over me you are like the shelter that protects me from it. In the good times and the bad times you are there for me, and for that reason every day that passes by I am thankful for having you as the solution for my problems. You are my eyes and my ears that guide me through life, that's why nothing without you would be same.
    My life without your love would make no sense, without it I would not know how to live. You are the sun that gives life to my world, and you are the warmth for my cold winter. But life goes on and I would try to go my own way, because life without your love is painful anyway.

الوقت/التاريخ الآن هو 19/5/2024, 18:32